Q-Plex Multiplexed Assay
PATH has partnered with Quansys Biosciences to apply the Q-Plex multiplexed diagnostics platform to address varied global health challenges. For example, PATH, the University of Washington, and Quansys Biosciences developed the Q-Plex™ Human Micronutrient Array (7-plex), which simultaneously quantifies vitamin A, iron, and iodine deficiency biomarkers, as well as inflammation and Plasmodium falciparum malaria, using just a single sample.
This multiplexing technology enables researchers to obtain more information in less time and at lower cost for community surveillance. Additionally, the Q-Plex™ Human Malaria Array measures histidine rich protein 2 (HRP2) and plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase (pLDH) at low concentrations, as well as quantify Plasmodium vivax- and Plasmodium falciparum-specific LDH epitopes to distinguish between malaria species and C-reactive protein (CRP) as an indicator of inflammation.
Researchers can use the Q-Plex™ Human Malaria Array (5-Plex) as a reference test to evaluate rapid diagnostic tests(RDTs) in the development pipeline that detect malaria infections with low parasite concentrations and address the challenge of diagnosing P. falciparum malaria parasite strains that do not produce HRP2 and therefore are not detected by RDTs designed to identify the antigen.
- Marketed with well-documented field experience
- Q-Plex(TM) Human Malaria Array :
- Jang IK, Tyler A, Lyman C, Kahn M, Kalnoky M, Rek JC, Arinaitwe E, Adrama H, Murphy M, Imwong M, Ling CL, Proux S, Haohankhunnatham W, Rist M, Seilie AM, Hanron A, Daza G, Chang M, Das S, Barney R, Rashid A, Landier J, Boyle DS, Murphy SC, McCarthy JS, Nosten F, Greenhouse B, Domingo GJ. Simultaneous Quantification of Plasmodium Antigens and Host Factor C-Reactive Protein in Asymptomatic Individuals with Confirmed Malaria by Use of a Novel Multiplex Immunoassay. J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan 2;57(1).
- Q-Plex(TM) Micronutrient Array :
- Brindle E, Lillis L, Barney R, Hess SY, Wessells KR, Ouédraogo CT, Stinca S, Kalnoky M, Peck R, Tyler A, Lyman C, Boyle DS. Simultaneous assessment of iodine, iron, vitamin A, malarial antigenemia, and inflammation status biomarkers via a multiplex immunoassay method on a population of pregnant women from Niger. PLoS One. 2017 Oct 5;12(10)
- Brindle E, Stevens D, Crudder C, Levin CE, Garrett D, Lyman C, Boyle DS. A multiplex immunoassay method for simultaneous quantification of iron, vitamin A and inflammation status markers. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 19;9(12)